Passionate about orchards, community and social enterprise?
Want to work on our ambitious London-wide project, a Celebration of Orchards, that protects the capital’s rich orchard heritage for future generations. We are looking for a three talented people;
We will be conducting an annual evaluation of the impact that the Celebration of Orchards Project has had on our beneficiaries. We are looking for somebody to come and volunteer on a flexible basis for one or two days a week to assist with telling the story of how our work impacts on people’s lives. This exciting role could suit a student looking to build some practical work experience or somebody looking to move job sectors.
- Primary research, including carrying out face-to-face interviews with our volunteers and beneficiaries.
- Taking photographs of volunteers that we can use with the case studies.
- Assisting the Project Director with carrying out focus groups and writing up the resulting information into case studies.
- Setting up an online survey for Orchard Project contacts to gain their feedback on our work.
- Helping the Project Director to write an annual report which pulls in this information alongside statistical data from our online database.
In 2016 The Orchard Project started up a community focused juice and cider making enterprise. We take donations of fruit from community orchards across London and press them into juice and cider before returning some of the produce to the fruit donors and selling the rest to bring an income stream back to the charity.
We have started to develop our business model and product and have some initial assumptions about costing, market and sales. We would like to do some more rigorous research to ensure that as we develop the brand and strategy for our enterprise going forwards we are moving forwards with confidence. We are looking for somebody to research and advise us about the current climate and opportunities that exist for setting up a small scale community cider and juice making enterprise.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to identify the key trends, priorities and leading brands, with a particular focus on small-scale producers.
- Identify and analyze the demographics of potential customers of a small-scale, hand-crafted, community-led cider product in the UK, to understand their preferences and motivations
- Identify any opportunities for differentiation in this small-scale craft drinks market. Researching where other similar enterprises distribute their products, effective ways of selling a product at small scale and the expected price point both for retailers and direct to consumer.
We are looking for someone to organise a week long ‘Festival of Fruit’ in autumn 2017 targeting schools in Merton which will be an extension of our current schools programme. The festival is likely to consist of visits into around 4 schools to deliver lessons, fun activities and competitions during the week which will culminate in a large, high profile event for students and their families at the end of the week. The aim is to reach at least 400 young people but we hope many more throughout the week.
- Event management of the festival from beginning to end.
- Establish an exciting and engaging programme of activities for the week
- Organise the venue, activities and materials required to make it a success.
- Manage the budget in collaboration with the Project Director
- Liaise with Merton Council, making best use of the their networks and contacts to build the impact and scope of the week.
- Initiate and build key relationships with local primary schools who will take part in the festival.
- Coordinate Orchard Project staff, schools and our orchard contacts to help deliver the week long event
- Oversee the development and implementation of a marketing and PR plan that gives the event significant profile in the area and secures media coverage
- Liaise on a regular basis with The Orchard Project Director to plan and report back on progress for the festival
Find out more over on our recruitment page here. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call for more info on 07714 745404 by the 21st February