The Local Fox Crowdfund – you can keep this project alive
Saving the world one unloved piece of fruit at a time
Since 2016, The Orchard Project, the only national charity dedicated to the creation and restoration of community orchards, and its growing band of volunteers have been on a mission. Through our juice and cider enterprise, we have rescued 9 tonnes of apples, by 2019 we hope to grow this to 40 tonnes of unloved apples!
The movement is expanding quickly and we’re struggling to keep up. You won’t be surprised to hear that we’ve rapidly outgrown our current premises and facilities.
Over the next 6 months, we need to raise £50,000 so that our juicing enterprise can continue – we have ambitions to grow, work with at least 300 volunteers per year and continue to tackle food waste across the capital. Without this funding, we will have to close our doors in 2019 and our production will cease.
5 Easy ways to support us
Love the sound of what we do and want to support us? Here are 5 easy ways you, your friends or workplace can help to stop apples going to waste and keep our cider project open.
- Kind Donation
- Fancy Friday: everyone in your workplace dresses up as their favorite apple variety and pays a donation. Granny Smith or Ballerina Flamenco anyone. Get some inspiration here: https://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/apple-trees.
- Great Apple Bake Off: Hold an apple inspired competition. Charge people per slice and ask them to judge.
- Guess how many apples we harvested: run a pay to enter sweepstake to guess the number of apples we harvested this year.
- Buy The Orchard Project a Round: ask everyone to donate what they would spend on a beverage or round of their choice.
- Match Giving: Get an extra boost and ask your workplace if they operate a match giving policy to double what you raise.
- Sponsored run, cycle or another challenge
- Facebook Birthday: ask your friends for donations for your birthday rather than presents (our trustee Ozoda has already done this on Facebook and raised over £400!)
Any contribution that you can make will help us to work towards our goal and we will be extremely grateful
Follow us on social media for the latest updates on the campaign or contact email@example.com to discuss any ideas that you have.