May 2022-May 2023
Midlothian Community Hospital Garden
Free and open to all, come for just one session, or attend them as a programme to gain the full fruit experience.
Sessions run from May 2022 through to Spring 2023.
- Visit to a food forest – day trip – Tues 21st June
- Building a food forest, characteristics and creating a design – Tues 26th July
- Healthy and resilient orchards – Thurs 18th August
- Building a forest food, part 2 – Sept tbc
- Tree planting and mycorrhizal fungi – Oct tbc
- Apple day event – Oct tbc
- Pruning veteran fruit trees – Nov tbc
- Propagation of soft fruits. – Feb 2023 tbc
- Sowing and planting – March 2023 tbc
- Grafting and root stocks – April 2023 tbc
- Growing mushrooms – May 2023 tbc
- Site and habitat surveying, improve your plant and bird id skills – Tues 24th May
Times: 1030am – 1230pm, unless listed differently. Booking essential.
For more info, contact: Chris@theorchardproject.org.uk
Book your place, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org