Monday 26th September 11am-3pm
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, London, HA7 4LP
Escape the hustle of modern life and reconnect to nature during our Wellbeing Apple Harvest.
About this event
Being in nature is proven to boost mental wellbeing by reducing stress and encouraging mindfulness. Combine this with the feel-good factor of helping your community and making new friends, and you’ll come away feeling rejuvenated and happy with your work.
On this one-day workshop you will:
- Learn how to harvest apples (yes, there is a correct way!)
- Reconnect with nature & your neighbors in a stunning traditional orchard
- Eat as many apples as you want, including rare heritage varieties!
- Feel great knowing you’ve helped a community orchard and saved fruit from going to waste
For every 5kg of apples you pick, £1 is given back to the community orchard to help them care for their fruit trees for years to come.
It’s useful to know…
- Harvesting will involve walking on uneven ground, reaching into trees, and in some cases, climbing ladders or lifting crates. Please contact us if you are unsure if you can participate in the harvesting activities.
- The training will be outdoors, so wear suitable clothing. Be prepared for sun, wind, or rain.
- Please bring LOTS of water to drink, especially if it’s a hot day!
- Feel free to bring a packed lunch (no food will be provided, aside from apples!)
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of this work, children under ten are not permitted
Please let us know in advance if you are unable to make it, spaces are limited and we need all the apple picking power we can get.
Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.