Saturday 4th December
Delamere Park, Openshaw, Manchester
“A WASSAIL, WHAT’S A WASSAIL?”
We hear you, allow us to explain:
If you’ve ever sung a carol at Christmas… then you’ve wassailed.
• Essentially a wassail is an orchard blessing, a community get together to thank the trees for their abundant crop… not that we’ve seen one of those here…YET!
• We’ll be singing to the trees with a few?carols thrown into the mix too.
• We’ll crown an orchard queen
• We’ll hang toast in the trees… yes, toast!
• Finally we’ll pour an offering at the base of the trees.
• All-in-all a great family-friendly activity.
We’re running a free lantern making for those that can come to the Wassail. Book in for a time slot and our crafty friends will make sure you’re ‘orchard ready’ to celebrate with us at 5pm.
ADDRESS FOR THE WORKSHOP IS:
1328-1330 Ashton Old Road, Openshaw.
FREE BUT BOOKING ESSENTIAL!
5PM – Meet in the community orchard, in the park, on the corner of Delamere Street/Neston Street.
Please use public transport, cycle or walk where possible. If arriving by car use the side streets around the park.
WHAT THREE WORDS: ///dream.magic.gear
OUR WET WEATHER PLAN
A bit of light rain wont stop us. Do watch out for last minute changes landing in your inbox prior to the event.
OUR COVID SAFETY MEASURES:
– We’ll be following the latest guidance for safe outdoor events
– We’ll have check in point for the NHS app
– please be mindful of social distancing.
WITH THANKS TO:
Manchester City Council and their #TreeActionManchester support which has helped us kick-start this community orchard, which in time will feed local people and support local biodiversity. Best of all it also acts as an outdoor venue for events such as these.