Saturday 8 September, 10am - 4.30pm
Kinning Park Complex, 43 Cornwall St, Glasgow G41 1BA
Sweetest fruit in the concrete jungle: Glasgow orchard microfunder and gathering
Sat 8 September 10am-4pm, Kinning Park Complex
Practical workshops, discussions and cider tasting
Meet and be inspired by other orchard enthusiasts
Apply for up to £400 for your community orchard – Full details here Early bird deadline 12 August, final deadline 26 August.
Registration is essential. If you book your tickets before 26 August, you’ll receive a free, lovely bamboo notebook and pen. Get your tickets here
10:00 – 10:20 Registration and refreshments
10:20 – 10.50 Opening plenary: Glasgow’s Clyde valley fruit heritage
10.50 -11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:50 4 minute presentations from community orchard groups from different parts of Scotland applying for up to £400 each. Community gardeners and orchardists in the audience are the panel that judges by public vote how the funds will be divided up.
12:50 – 13:00 winning projects are announced
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
During lunch opportunity to network with others and see the newly desiged orchard design kit by The Orchard Project. People are welcome to set up stalls.
2.00pm An afternoon of workshops, including:
- Orchard tips for the West Coast of Scotland with Appletreeman Andrew Lear
- Useful and edible plants for your orchard with Plants with Purpose Margaret Lear
- How to design a forest garden that suits adults and children with Lusi Alderslowe
- How to set up a community powered cider enterprise with Moss Cider founder and The Orchard Project’s Dan Hasler.
- Make your own bug hotel
- Make your own wooden orchard signs
- Discussion on how to ‘Let Glasgow’s orchard’s flourish’
4.15 Summary of workshops. Apple juice and cider tasting.