Wed 31st July 2019, 10-3
Forest Farm Peace Garden
There are lots of Prunus species scattered throughout this beautiful forest garden, making it the perfect spot to learn how to summer prune plums, damsons, gages and cherries.
Come on this one day course and learn:
- pruning principles for summer pruning fruit trees
- how to use tools correctly and safely
- what to do with your clippings in relation to pests and diseases
- what to look out for after you have pruned.
By the end of the day, you will be feeling super confident about how to summer prune and this orchard will be looking even better tended.
Led by tutor, Dr Anna Baldwin, who has had many years of pruning trees in the East of England. Dr Anna Baldwin is an orchard enthusiast who is passionate about saving old traditional orchards and teaching old skills, including pruning fruit trees and grafting. She has also learnt the art of how to identify apple and pear varieties.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Bring your own gloves and secateurs if you have them; but these, and other tools, will available.
- Bring a packed lunch.
- Price includes refreshments and handout.
Meeting point: available after booking.
– £50/£35 concessions (2 spaces only) To qualify for a concessionary place you should be unemployed, a student or very low-waged.
– £70 pruning combo – SPECIAL price which another day of pruning training: “Pruning Esaplier and Fan Fruit” at King Henry’s Walk on Sunday 11th August, 10-3.
– £20 SPECIAL PRICE for our Orchard Leaders.