27th September, 10am-5.30pm
Local Fox HQ, Unit 3, 30a Borwick Avenue, London, E17 6RA
Join The Orchard Project to help wash, chop and press this year’s apple harvest and create our delicious London Dry Cider and London Apple Juice. This year our mission is to save a whopping 13 tonnes of apples and we would love for you to join us on our quest to save apples, support community orchards and make delicious drinks!
It will be a fun, informative and sociable day where you can meet a brilliant bunch of like-minded people and learn how to make craft cider & juice, using the traditional rack and cloth method. Plus, those who stay for the whole day get a free cider for your hard work!
Tickets are limited so to secure your place we are asking for a pay as you feel donation, we would be grateful for anything you can give. This money will go into our crowdfunding campaign to help us keep this wonderful project going.
What you need to know
- The day will run from 10 to 5.30pm, including a lunch break.
- There are shops nearby for lunch or bring a packed one.
- We will provide refreshments.
- It is an open unheated space so please wear warm comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Some work is outside so be prepared for the weather.
- All must wear proper shoes i.e. no sandals, or open toes.
- No loose jewelry and hair will need to be tied up.
- Contact on the day is Lizzie on 07714 745407
- We can pay for your lunch up to £6 and travel, please keep your receipts from the day.
Your commitment is essential as the day cannot run without you. We would be grateful if you could attend the whole day however if this is not possible let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you at our cider house the address is Unit 3, 30a Borwick Avenue, London, E17 6RA! We are 10 minutes’ walk from Blackhorse Road Tube Station.
Find out more about our special drinks here: https://www.theorchardproject.org.uk/drinks/
In 2016 we launched an Urban Harvesting, Juice and Cider enterprise in the heart of London. We partner with the community orchards we work with to help them harvest their fruit and encourage people from London to donate their unwanted garden apples all to be made into our Local Fox Cider.
The cider is then shared with those that donate their fruit, or the equivalent value is given back to the orchard to spend on training, tools or expertise. Find out more here https://www.theorchardproject.org.uk/drinks/.