Sunday 18th February 10am-2pm
Horsenden Hill, Perivale
Horsenden Hill Orchard, Sunday 18th February 10am-2pm
The Friends of Horsenden Hill alongside passionate Ealing rangers are transforming this beautiful green space in Ealing. They have brought pigs into the woodlands, cows onto the grassland, and now it is time to transform the orchard. Do you want to be an orchard changemaker?
Horsenden Hill orchard is about 25 years old, and populated with espalier and free standing apples, pears and plums. It is also home to some much older veteran fruit trees in need of restoration. In this workshop you will learn from an orchard expert to become confident in the principles of fruit tree pruning.
During this workshop you will:
- Learn how to prune younger and older apple trees
- Develop your understanding of common tree management challenges
- Discover the appropriate tools for pruning fruit trees
- Gain practical experience of pruning for fruit production
Bear in mind that …
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing.
- We will provide hot drinks, though you will need to bring a packed lunch
This workshop is for residents local to Horsenden Hill Orchard (UB6) only. To register your free place, book on eventbrite here. If you are interested in veteran pruning but do not live locally to Horsenden, please contact Ella: firstname.lastname@example.org