Saturday 27th January 10-2pm
BEECHE Orchard, High Elms Country Park
Beeche Orchard, High Elms Country Park, Saturday 27th January 10am-2pm
Do you want to transform your local community orchard and gain confidence in pruning? Beeche orchard is a community planted orchard at High Elms Country Park, which is in need of regular care and attention. Learn with an orchard expert how to prune these apples, pears, medlars and quinces. In this workshop we will focus on remedial pruning when orchard trees have been planted very tightly.
During this workshop you will:
- Learn how to prune remedially
- Develop your understanding of common tree management challenges
- Discover the appropriate tools for pruning older trees
- Gain practical experience of pruning to look after trees at High Elms Country Park
Bear in mind that …
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing.
- We will provide hot drinks, though you will need to bring a packed lunch
- Meet outside Green Roof Cafe, High Elms Country Park, Shire Ln, Orpington BR6 7JH
This workshop is for residents local to Beeche Orchard (BR6) only. To register your free place, book on eventbrite here. If you are interested in veteran pruning but do not live locally to High Elms, please contact Ella: firstname.lastname@example.org