Saturday 25th April, 10am - 2pm
Edible Landscapes London in Finsbury Park
A day of foraging and taxonomy that will change the way you look at plants
Join Jo Homan on a foraging foray into Finsbury Park to discover what’s edible and what’s not. Also learn about plant families: which family has no poisonous members? Which family is the most fruity? And which family should you be looking out for in a shady flowerbed? Although there are over 400 families to choose from, we’ll learn about the top seven and leave you feeling confident about picking them out from a line up.
- includes handout, refreshments and foraged snacks
- £50 / £35 (concessions*) / £20 for Orchard Leaders
- *Concessions = student, retired on low income, or receiving benefit
- Unfortunately the foraging foray is not wheelchair accessible but other disabilities may be catered for. Please discuss with email@example.com, 07714 745 408 before booking.
- Sturdy footwear should be worn because we’ll be walking on uneven, damp and possibly slippery surfaces.
About the tutor
Jo is the Education, Skills and Training Manager for The Orchard Project with 15 years’ experience of teaching at all levels. She teaches on and runs the accredited Certificate in Community Orcharding and also manages Edible Landscapes London, a forest gardening project which she set up 10 years ago. Read some of her blogs here and here.
Feedback on past training
“Jo is very knowledgeable and makes each day interesting and fun as well.”
“Very rapid but digestible coverage of foraging .. lots of information given in different ways – in classroom, in forest garden – better for learning.”
“Great. Well paced. Interesting. Respectful. Stuck to time. Clear instructions on what was required of me.”
“Always excellent and full of expertise… Just the right depth of information.”
Nearest tube: Manor House and Finsbury Park
Buses: 253, 254, 29, 141 and 341
Enter Finsbury Park by the Manor House entrance and turn right. Follow the metal fence round, past the entrance to the greenhouse area, until you find our new entrance gate.
On Google Maps, the postcode N4 2NQ works, or type in 51.571099,-0.096713.