Saturday 24th October
Online and Various Locations Across London
Our hugely popular Certificate in Community Orcharding (CICO) is back! This time we have blended the course into a mix of in-person training and online learning.
This Level 3 Crossfield Institute Accredited course runs from October 2020-July 2021, and combines online learning and assesements with 5 in-person, practical skills training days.
This course will give you the knowledge and skills to start, maintain, and manage a flourishing community orchard. You can expect to learn:
- Site surveys and orchard design
- Tree Planting
- Pruning (winter and summer)
- Grafting (spring and summer)
- Biodiversity, pests, and diseases
- Soil science & boosting soil biodiversity organically
- Caring for old orchards (including veteran trees)
- Identifying fruit trees and apple varieties
- Managing orchards and the groups caring for them
- …And more!
WHY TAKE CICO?
Many of our students have moved onto exciting careers in food-growing, like managing community gardens, designing urban farms, or working for sustainble food organisations like The Orchard Project.
“Taking the [CICO] course helped me out professionally…After finishing the course, I obtained a job as an Estate Worker in a Hertfordshire park…Being about to talk about the course helped me out in the interview.” -Gora, CICO3.
Spaces are expected to fill quickly – find more details and book your place here!