It’s time for our big gathering of London’s Orchardists and you are warmly invited.
Our annual bash brings together our friends and collaborators from London’s orcharding community for a celebration and a chance to find out all of the latest orchard news.
Come to A Celebration of Orchards
Join us and members of London’s community orchard movement for one of the biggest orchard gatherings of the year.
This year the event acts as the official launch for London’s biggest new orchard project: “A Celebration of Orchards.” This ambitious, new, Heritage Lottery-funded project will involve thousands of people from across London in orchard activities, restoring, celebrating and learning in orchards. Join our official launch to find out how you can be involved.
We’ll also be announcing some new and exciting developments for our work, but more on that closer to the time…
- Great talks: We’ll have great, short orchard talks including one from Russell Miller, founder of Hackney’s Tree Musketeers and chair of the Ancient Tree Forum, on the biodiversity of London’s old orchards.
- Ask your burning questions: The Orchard Project team – including our new team of training and orchard management specialists – will be on hand to take your questions about tree care, fruit varieties, restoration and more.
- Meet our Master Orchardists: Meet some of our growing network of Master Orchardist volunteers who are working across London to share their ever expanding skills and knowledge.
- Networking: There will be lots of time for meeting, catching up with and sharing experiences with other orchard people from across London.
- Refreshments: We’ll be serving free apple themed refreshments including generous donations from Manchester’s Moss Cider.
And it’s free!
Spaces are limited so please book here now (and tell your friends) and we will send you more information about what to expect before the event.
We’ll see you in September!
A Celebration of Orchards Project is funded by The Heritage Lottery Fund, People’s Postcode Lottery, Mercers Foundation, Heineken and the GLA.