Tuesday 7th October 2020
St Joseph's Lawrence Street Southgate London NW7 4JZ
About this Event
Join us for a lovely wholesome day picking apples in a wild and beautiful community orchard in Mill Hill.
On this one day workshop you will:
- Get practical experience of harvesting fruit – yes there is a right way to pick those apples
- Connect with nature and each other after a long time of being locked inside and socially isolated!
- Eat as many apples as you want, including some rare heritage varieties (that’s enough to get us orchard geeks excited)
- Feel good factor as you will be helping a community orchard in London to harvest their fruit and stop it going to waste
In return for the apples you help pick the local orchard group will get back cider, tools and training to help them care for their trees.
It’s useful to know…
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing and a packed lunch
- We will be following the current government guidance for outdoor events. Please keep an eye on your inbox for any on-the-day changes.
Please let us know in advance if you are unable to make it, spaces are limited and we need all the apple picking power we can get.
In terms of location, lets meet at the entrance of St Joseph flats on Lawrence Street at 10.30am
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions