Apple Harvesting Day on 7th September 2021
Lawrence St, London NW7 4JZ
Join us for a lovely wholesome day picking apples in a wild and beautiful community orchard in Mill Hill.
On this one day workshop you will:
- Get practical experience of harvesting fruit – yes there is a right way to pick those apples
- Connect with nature and each other after a long time of being locked inside and socially isolated!
- Eat as many apples as you want, including some rare heritage varieties (that’s enough to get us orchard geeks excited)
- Feel good factor as you will be helping a community orchard in London to harvest their fruit and stop it from going to waste
For every 5kg of apples you pick, £1 is given back to the Community Orchard to help them care for their trees
We ask for a ‘pay as you feel’ donation – 100% of this will go towards planting and restoring community orchards in London.
It’s useful to know…
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing and a packed lunch
- Wear suitable clothing, we are talking proper shoes, suncream and water! Lots of water.
- Kids are welcome as long as accompanied by an adult
Please let us know in advance if you are unable to make it, spaces are limited and we need all the apple picking power we can get.