Apple Harvesting Day on 21st September 2021
Bethlem Royal Hospital
PLEASE NOTE: Now fully booked. Keep an eye on our Events page for more harvesting dates soon!
Calling all you wonderful apple picking volunteers! We need help to harvest apples from a stunning traditional orchard in the grounds of Bethlem Royal Hospital!
On this one day workshop you will:
- Get practical experience of harvesting fruit – yes there is a right way to pick those apples
- Connect with nature and each other after a long time of being locked inside and socially isolated!
- Eat as many apples as you want, including some rare heritage varieties (that’s enough to get us orchard geeks excited)
- Feel good factor as you will be helping a community orchard in London to harvest their fruit and stop it from going to waste
For every 5kg of apples you pick, £1 is given back to the Community Orchard to help them care for their trees
If you would like to make a donation for a lovely day out in an orchard and support the work we do we would be incredibly grateful.
It’s useful to know…
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing and a packed lunch
- Wear suitable clothing, we are talking proper shoes, suncream and water! Lots of water.
- Unfortunately because of the locations children cannot attend the event
Please let us know in advance if you are unable to make it, spaces are limited and we need all the apple picking power we can get.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.