Join The Orchard Project
We believe that community orchards are transformative, not only for individuals and communities, but also for wildlife in urban areas.
Our vision is that every urban community has access to an orchard in their vicinity. By making a monthly donation, from as little as £4 per month, you can help make our vision come true.
Your generous contribution will go towards our core work of creating new community orchards and restoring older ones, as well as teaching new skills to orchard volunteers and improving urban green spaces for everyone to enjoy.
£4 per month will help plant a new fruit tree
£12 per month will help deliver an orchard training workshop
£20 per month will help create or restore a community orchard
Why support orchards?
- Orchards are bursting with wildlife, and provide a habitat for increased biodiversity within our urban landscapes.
- Well-maintained orchards provide locally grown, free, fresh fruit. What’s more, they are the perfect places to grow many of our delicious (but neglected) UK fruit varieties, which are seldom found in supermarkets.
- Orchards change places and communities by bringing people together and creating more green spaces to enjoy.
- Involvement in community orchard groups reduces isolation and keeps orchard volunteers fit and active.
We are the only national charity solely dedicated to planting new orchards, restoring veteran ones and celebrating these special spaces. Join us and become a member, to support our mission to keep the UK’s orchard tradition alive and well.
What benefits do members receive?
Don’t miss out on the chance to show that you care about community orchards. By becoming a member, you will receive:
- A membership welcome pack with factsheets, postcards, and fridge magnet (see image below – please note we no longer have pins and cannot acquire any more during lockdown. Thank you for your understanding.)
- Regular member news and updates of how your donation is making a difference
- Invites to our events and training
- And of course, the feel good factor that comes with supporting community orchards.
You will receive this colourful fridge magnet along with other goodies.
Whatever the size of your gift, we thank you for it. All income raised will be used to help us create and restore more community orchards across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t like Direct Debits. Can I make a one-off donation?
Although Direct Debits are easier to track and cost less to process, we understand they are not for everyone. You can make a one-off donation instead of becoming a member. Thank you!
How long does membership last for?
Membership lasts as long as your Direct Debit is active.
How will you use my membership gift?
We will use it where the need is greatest. This will include running more planting days, organising events and looking after existing orchards.
Can I do a joint or family membership?
Yes. It’s the same price for an individual or a family. Just let us know when you sign up who your membership is for.
Can an orchard group join?
Absolutely. We would love you to. It’s the same as for an individual – just choose your membership and let us know your group’s name.
Does membership give me any voting rights?
Our membership scheme is a fundraising initiative and does not confer any legal or voting rights.
I would like to sponsor a tree rather than take out a membership
We offer a tree sponsorship if you want to help us plant and nurture a new fruit tree in a community orchard. Benefits include a tree sponsorship certificate and a chance to add a message to our tree dedication book. You can sponsor a tree here. Thank you!