Join The Orchard Project
We believe that community orchards are transformative, not only for individuals and communities, but also for wildlife in urban areas.
Our vision is that every urban community has access to an orchard in their vicinity. By making a monthly donation, from as little as £4 per month, you can help make our vision come true.
Your generous contribution will go towards our core work of creating new community orchards and restoring older ones, as well as teaching new skills to orchard volunteers and improving urban green spaces for people and wildlife to enjoy.
£4 per month will help plant a new fruit tree
£12 per month will help deliver an orchard training workshop
£20 per month will help create or restore a community orchard
Why support orchards?
- Orchards are bursting with wildlife, and provide valuable habitat for increased biodiversity within our urban landscapes
- Well-maintained orchards provide fresh fruit, locally grown and free of charge. What’s more, they are the perfect place to grow different fruit varieties, not often found in shops
- Orchards change places and communities by bringing people together and creating more green spaces to enjoy
- Getting involved in community orchards reduces isolation and keeps orchard volunteers fit and active.
We are the only national charity solely dedicated to planting new orchards, restoring veteran ones and celebrating these special spaces. Join us and become a member, to support our mission to keep the UK’s orchard tradition alive and well.
What benefits do members receive?
Don’t miss out on the chance to show that you care about community orchards. By becoming a member, you will receive:
- A membership welcome pack with factsheets, postcards, a fridge magnet and pin badge
- Email updates of the orchard activities being delivered with your support
- Invites to our events and training
- And of course, the feel good factor that comes with supporting community orchards.
Whatever the size of your gift, it means a lot to us. All income raised will be used to help create and restore more community orchards across the country. Thank you.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t like Direct Debits. Can I make a one-off donation?
Although Direct Debits are easier to track and cost less to process, we understand they are not for everyone. You can make a one-off donation instead of becoming a member. Thank you!
How long does membership last for?
Membership lasts as long as your Direct Debit is active.
How will you use my membership gift?
We will use it where the need is greatest. This will include running more planting days, organising events and looking after existing orchards.
Can I do a joint or family membership?
Yes. It’s the same price for an individual or a family. Just let us know when you sign up who your membership is for.
Can an orchard group join?
Absolutely. We would love you to. It’s the same as for an individual – just choose your membership and let us know your group’s name.
Does membership give me any voting rights?
Our membership scheme is a fundraising initiative and does not confer any legal or voting rights.